Are you having trouble with your IT translation?
- I want to gather up RFP/RFI translations in a short period of time…
- I want to translate large volumes of different kinds of spec sheets…
- I want to localize software and manuals…
In the IT, telecoms, and software industries there are a lot of places to look for translation. However, the number of IT translators who understand IT technology is limited. Translation service should be chosen based on whether the translation firm has a network of experienced, dependable people.
ICOS translation service gets chosen by IT firms for the following kinds of reasons.
Reason 1ICOS has translators such as system integrators who hail from the IT industry.
We choose translators with experience in IT fields, such as at domestic systems integrators and overseas solution vendors. We are also careful to pick experienced translators, such as freelancers with long track records.
We are able to deliver the kind of quality that can satisfy IT firms thanks to our global network that provides high-quality translation in specialized fields. Our high ratio of repeat customers testifies to this translation quality.
Reason 2We handled large volumes of documents quickly.
At ICOS, we consider quantity to be a part of quality. Even with large volumes of IT-related documents we can respond with surprising speed using distributed processing and centralized management of translation resources. We make full use of tools such as still guides, terminology management, and translation memory in order to simultaneously lower costs and deliver accurate translations. We can accordingly smoothly and rapidly handle continuous documents and revisions/updates.
Reason 3We lower our customers’ IT translation costs.
By outsourcing translation we can advance the business more rapidly and at much lower cost than using in-house resources. By making full use of external human networks and efficiency enhancing tools we can optimize the quality-cost balance. Even for IT translation with tight deadlines we do not charge rush rates, and so you can order with peace of mind.
Documents we handle in the IT industry
- RFP (Request For Proposal), RFI (Request For Information), RFQ (Request For Quotation), compliance sheets
- All kinds of specifications sheets, definition documents, design documents, planning documents, procedure documents, reports, responses
- All kinds of software localization
- Help files
- Manuals and guides: users manuals, reference manuals, training manuals, administration manuals, and such
- We have multiple products that we release new versions for on a twice yearly schedule. We put out guides and help to coincide with the releases, but we tend to be behind schedule, and we are always very grateful to ICOS for their flexible response.
- We started by asking ICOS to localize our software’s GUI screens. ICOS modulated resources in line with work volumes, and we are always thankful that we have found a rare highly-efficient, high-value-added outsourcer.
IT indsutry translators carefully selected by ICOS
- Translator FI mainly handle translations into English in IT, computers/telecoms, electrical/machinery, finance/securities, and general business. To date I’ve translated more than 5 million characters.
I do the translation work based on the desires and perspectives of the customer, and at each stage, from processes before the actual translation starts, to project management and aftercare, I aim for high quality.
Translator SThis year marks my 21st year of translating.
I mainly do IT and computer-related translation, but I also do a little bit translation from English into Japanese of overseas role playing game manuals.